Strategy Guide: Racing
Beginner tips for racing in Hooves of Fire
Follow these tips to increase your chances of winning races in Hooves of Fire.
- Buy a second horse as soon as you can afford it – preferably of the opposite gender (for breeding purposes). This doubles your chance to win!
- Enter your horses in as many races as possible. The more you race your horses the more potential there is to win prize money.
- Race your horses in the lowest grade races possible to give yourself the best chance to win. Race maidens in the No Wins races. Race Group 2 horses in Open Races.
- Use the “Races” button at the top of the screen to enter your horses in races. This option offers a greater choice of races than can be viewed by entering races via the stable or profile view. This will allow you to use the “horse picker” to select the most suitable horse for each race.
- Choose the soonest race possible to enter your horses and re-enter them when they return to their stables after their race. This will maximise your chances of winning!
- Enter newborn horses in newborn or no wins races. If you have a lot of newborns, it is better to race in the Group 3/Newborn countries.
- Keep an eye on your horse’s racing performance on various tracks. Some horses will prefer certain distances or track conditions over others. VIP’s can see what track conditions their horses prefer.
- Equip the right horseshoes and saddles to improve your horse’s racing performance. Even if your horse doesn’t like a particular track type, equipping a “fast” shoe will improve the horse’s abilities on that track type.