Strategy Guide: Selling Horses
Before reading this Strategy Guide, please note that only VIPs can sell horses.
When to Sell
You cannot sell a horse after it is 10 days old. Once your horse turns ten you need to decide to sell or keep it. If a horse reaches 10 days old and it is…
- not a Group 2 horse
- a stallion that is not being used
- one of your older mares
- a mare that has poor form on the track and has bred a poor foal
…then the best course of action would be to sell it and breed or buy another horse.
There are 2 options for selling;
- Sell now – gives you immediate cash for your horse, but you may only do this once every 24 hours
- Sell – puts the horse into the market for another player to buy. You may sell as many horses as you like using this method but you will need to obtain a “Horse Seller License” from City Hall.
Tips for Selling in the Market
- Give your horse a good name to make it more appealing to would-be buyers.
- Use a DNA certificate to let potential buyers know what your horses preferences are.
- Don’t misrepresent your horse by naming it to imply that it has certain traits that it does not have.
- Lower pedigree horses <10 will sell very quickly in the market.
- Higher pedigree horses 10+ generally take longer to sell.
- Geldings generally do not sell as well in the market as mares or stallions.
- Older horses sell for less than younger horses – the sale price decreases each day from Day 1 – 10.